View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Klotar
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700R
PIN: On Request
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I think the solution suggested almost nails it.

If you go in on your BB to Manage Connections, Bluetooth Options, click the Menu Key, and select Options, you will see "Address Book Transfer".

You have four choices:

1) Disabled

2) All Entries

3) Hotlist Only

4) Selected Categories Only

Now, if you do what Pnd4pnd suggests, and categorize your desired personal contacts, you can transfer only those to your car. Note that you do not have to categorize your 3000 business contacts, just your 200 personal. While even those 200 might take a bit of clicking and scrolling if you do it on your BB like I did, you can also do it in Outlook (look down at the bottom of the Outlook screen) and then sync up.

When you pick option #4, a new field opens up where you can select your desired categories. There are two defaults on the BB, Personal and Business, but you can create custom categories and contacts can belong to multiple categories if you wish. Anyways, if you say, create a new category called 'Car Only' and then add the desired contacts to that category (can include personal and business contacts), you can specify that only those transfer to the car via Bluetooth. Assuming that your problem is that too many contacts are causing your problem with using the car's BT, that should do it.

Disclaimer: I only have 100 contacts and don't have a car even, but I'm making an educated guess. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.