View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #22
kmb1966
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
No i think you are the one that is missing the point I agree with jwaters, in the first place reserch before you buy, that way you avoid surprises and dont have to complain. In the second place you have a full email device in your hands use the mail feature, what people see on this fad of SMS is beyond me. And finally in the third place if SMS is that important to you and your friends, then either get rid of the BB and replace it with a phone that supports SMS or if that is not to your liking, and prefer to keep the BB for its other great features, then get a second phone to support SMS and walk around with two devices. Then you will truly have the best of two worlds, and by the way as a separate side bonus, you will aso get the adorable cute ringtones that others like so much as well.
Ok. Sorry I brought up this subject. Folks the point is you cannot control what others send to you. If someone starts sending you text messages one day, and you want it to stop, and you can't find out who it is, you'll know what I mean. I like my BB and I understand it darn features. I just wanted to point out that you can't find out who sends something via SMS unless they decide to sign their name. I wasn't trying to start trouble. Some people around here have a "chip" on their shoulder, and it will be proven by someone continuing to respond to this thread with a "know it all" attitude.

Last edited by kmb1966; 12-17-2005 at 10:09 AM..