View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #26
sunnyb

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionXBeta View Post
Theres another easier way to get BBMaps to work.

1.) Download the BBMaps software from RIM, youll need to fill a user information page before the link. It doesnt have to be a real email address. ( Download )

2.) Run Apploader and remove any traces of BBMaps currently on your phone

3.) Extract Files to the OS directory and replace any duplicate files. Make sure you copy whichever ones its asking to replace beforehand as well just to be safe.

4.) Run the AppLoader application and choose the supplied ALX file and then continue the install.

Now I tried this and received the "no additional applications designed for your device" which Ive been getting for everything anyways. But I continued to the next page and the apploader already grabbed that ALX file because there were two Blackberry Maps options to choose from and install. I checked the details and chose the one that had all of the modules that were in the BBMaps ZIP file from RIM.

If you do what was listed above you will have BBMaps no matter what carrier or OS youre running.

Im currently running a Curve 8310 on AT&T with OS 4.5.0.37 with no issues

Enjoy

This works perfectly and very easy to do. I looked at the first instructions and decided not to bother but then saw this and wow that was easy.

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote