View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
walter_denver
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: 322A1538
Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA
Default Re: OS6 on Verizon 9650 PROBLEMS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araskin View Post
Let me start off by saying that Verizon should be ashamed for leaving their customers in the lurch. I am with T-mobile and they have a dedicated bb support team. May want to call Verizon Tech support and see if you can get through to the bb team.

As far as your wi-fi issue:
1. Are you on BES? I doubt u r but just want to be sure.
2. Have you tried a battery pull? I am sure you have but if you want to try again make sure you keep the battery out for at least 30 seconds.

3. What does your wi-fi diagnostics say once you connect? Do you have an IP address once you are connected?

Alon

Ps. OS 6 is awesome. Once everything is resolved you will love it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

I do not think that VZW has a dedicated BB Support Team like TMo. I left TMo because they screwed me (I was with them for over 6 yrs, but they went to crap ever since they began to upgrade the network 3G etc - unless I would buy new devices after each network upgrade).

No, not on BES.

BATT has been pulled .... Well, I lost count after 10x since the upgrade.

Well, I get an IP and I can ping the gateway. But, I can not ping past the gateway and I still cannot get a webpage with Wi-Fi on. It all works fine if I am on the VZW 3G with Wi-Fi off.

The Wi-Fi problem happens both on an open network and on a secured network.

On the open network, I even tried to move from one building to another with the "hand-off" option selected and not selected. No difference.

Both networks work fine from a laptop or a DROID device.

So I can connect, but just cannot get a page to load ... Only errors.

walter_denver
Denver, CO, USA
Verizon 9650
Offline   Reply With Quote