View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Theron

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Dell Inspiron 9300 & Blackberry 8830 (Sprint)

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

This is my 1st question for the forum. This may make sense only to members who use both devices, although if you have had similar issues please chime in!

I have a very frustrating situation that I have been trying to resolve for a while. The Co. I work for has issued some employees with the above BB for us to use as a Modem among other things.

All the latest software has been installed correctly as verified by Sprint customer service. When I open Sprint Mobile Broadband it prompts me to insert the card/plug in your phone. So far so good. I plug in the BB via the USB port. My Dell beeps at me, letting my know it recongnises a connection. At this point the Sprint Mobile Broadband software is supposed to identify the BB as a modem then dial out and give me a connection. But nothing happens. The "Go button" remains greyed out and the sprint software keeps the "plug in your phone" message on. It doesn't hang, it just never does anything.

With the help of Sprint, I've reinstalled the software and drivers multiple times. Tried manually setting up a connection through the Network Connections, all to no avail.

My Dell simply does not "see" a modem.

The device manager sees two modems a Conexant D110 MDC V.9x Modem and a Standard Modem. Nothing about a Blackberry.

In addition to all this, as a side, I once had a Verizon Wireless PCMCIA card that I could never get to work, and ended up returning it after hours on the phone with customer service.

I'm running Windows XP.

Has anyone encounted such problems? Has anyone figured out how to make this work?

Please help! Thanks!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote