View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
nemesis1022

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Angry Verizon 8830 HELP!!!! need to flash to Alltel

Please Login to Remove!

I recently went to upgrade my account with alltel and found out that im one of the unlucky suckers that will not be able to port my number with verizon if i go to them now i will be sold to att or sprint. *Old news i know*

So here is the deal. i decided to ride it out with out a contract and stick to my plan until merger is done. well a month or so after deciding to do that my V9m Razor2 snapped in half :(

So a friend of mine hooked me up with her 8830 WE Verizon phone. I love this thing except there's a kicker. i cant use the browser. get pictures. send pictures. or honestly use the blackberry for more then text and calls :(

I was on the phone with the alltel tech for about 2hrs and finally he tells me that the phone needs to be flashed with the alltel software. but when i go to the alltel store not one of the collage student "techs" know how to do it. or even if it can be done.

So I'm BEGGING Please, any one know how to do this or can give me some guidance all mighty guru's of the blackberry's. I've heard and read that it can be taken from alltel to verizon but i can not find any real instructions on how to do it.or how to go back and forth.

Thanks for anything guys and gals :D

N3M3S1S
Offline   Reply With Quote