View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #196
Robert_K
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: why blackberry users will bail on RIM

After almost 3 years my wife and I both bailed on BlackBerry. Both of us went with Android phones (her an Incredible and I the ThunderBolt). I figured she would go iPhone but when she tried it she hated it. After 2 days she called me at work to tell me how much she loves her new phone.

iPhone and Android took consumer lead first by building very nice reliable OS platforms. After 6 OS releases and I STILL have to pull the battery on my work BB every other day. Battery pulls were the norm at my house as a morning and evening routine. Not once have I had to pull the battery on any Android device I own and no more waiting 5 minutes to reboot my phone!

Everyone that keeps defending RIM because of the BES controls needs to be aware that the potental to do what BlackBerry does so well is already rearing its head on other platforms. Good Technology is now offering a FIPS 140-2 certified server that allows you to do just about everything you can do with a BES on Android and iOS platforms. Motorola is about to roll out their 3LM server product this summer that allows enterprise control of Android phones and tablets at the API level just like a BlackBerry.

RIM continues to tow the line because they feel they have the enterprise user market cornered. Their naive attitude and sub par products will be the real reason users bail on them.

Last edited by Robert_K; 03-30-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote