View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Classic Backup

Ok , doing some reading on the latest Microsoft mess I discovered they by default turn off the file access control called SMB 1. This is what seems to control the ability to see the data on a blackberry OS10 device. I changed it to on and now I can see the files on the phone via Windows file explorer. I was able to copy the files to my computer. The backup part of LINK is still not working but at least the files can be pulled from the phone and worse case can be used to reload to a new phone is needed.

to access the SMB 1 go to the control panel, programs and features. Top left , click on "turn windows features on or off. Scroll down to SMB 1.0 CIFS file sharing support
If not checked, click the check box . it will load needed files and require a restart.

After the computer reboots it will now show the files in LINK but in my case did not complete a backup. Not a problem because I can copy from file explorer all the files on the phone.

"The Server Message Block (SMB) Protocol is a network file sharing protocol, and as implemented in Microsoft Windows is known as Microsoft SMB Protocol.
It blocks access to remote files if not checked"

Last edited by tsac; 01-11-2019 at 09:48 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote