No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaz1
Agreed. After only 2 weeks of use, I am noticing wear in these places:

1) Top of the 87g from the clip
2) Lower, back sides of the 87g where the BB is seated in the holster
3) Bottom of the 87g where it rests inside the holster

I agree with delmarco that RIM is mostly to blame for using cheap materials. I'm glad you padded the inside of your case to protect the front of the 87g, but to truly protect the entire device you must include padding everywhere contact is made.
This is a classic Hand and Glove scenario, with the Blackberry serving as the 'hand' for which the 'glove' is designed. One is an existing form which the 'follower' form must adapt to, not the other way around. I wholeheartedly agree that truly proper design would include a buffer on all contact surfaces to preserve and protect. Frankly, it's irrelevent if this measure was required on any other model Blackberry, as each model will have its own set of unique build qualities.

As I'm evaluating my case/holster options currently, such illumination of design oversights is helpful, and regardless of manufacturer, I appreciate such unvarnished opinions. This is what any business should recognize as a call to raise the bar to satisfactorily fullfil the market's requirements. Either they will recognize the call or it will go unnoticed.