View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #114
tfaz1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
This is a classic Hand and Glove scenario, with the Blackberry serving as the 'hand' for which the 'glove' is designed. One is an existing form which the 'follower' form must adapt to, not the other way around. I wholeheartedly agree that truly proper design would include a buffer on all contact surfaces to preserve and protect. Frankly, it's irrelevent if this measure was required on any other model Blackberry, as each model will have its own set of unique build qualities.

As I'm evaluating my case/holster options currently, such illumination of design oversights is helpful, and regardless of manufacturer, I appreciate such unvarnished opinions. This is what any business should recognize as a call to raise the bar to satisfactorily fulfill the market's requirements. Either they will recognize the call or it will go unnoticed.
I think this is true. I believe a lot of people on this forum (myself included) are quick to support Seidio because of their service to the BBForums community. David (and David) of Seidio are quick to offer rebates to this site's members and are active in the forums answering questions about their products.

That doesn't mean, however, that this product fulfills it's implied purpose: to protect the device from damage. While the Seidio holster has indeed secured my 87g from falling (as any holster should), normal use of this product has damaged it (and will continue to do so).

I was contacted by Seidio to apologize for this oversight and was told that their design department would be informed of this problem. I'm glad they are committed to improving their designs. But while I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, I can't help but think that a refund (or credit) should have been offered for damaging my device. Especially when myself and others expressed reservations about there not being adequate padding and were told by Seidio that this wouldn't be a problem.