View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #31
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit
I think everyone will see that the trackball needs to be improved before they release the 8800. If this is to be the flagship RIM unit it needs to be right when they release it to the public. The major problem of not being able to lock it while in your pocket and missing calls because of it outweighs the benefit of it being ambidexterous which is the reasoning behind the ball over the wheel. The new samsung sgh i607 is a promising thin unit that is sure to out do the Q and will compete head to head with the 8800. RIM better watch the competition and take note. They have had the market on email enabled phones and competition is getting stiff, ie the new Nokia e62 that some say is the best phone on the market today. I actually like the windows mobile software and will buy the unit that works the best for me. I will say that I am glad I didnt get an 8100 and am willing to wait for something that I won't regret purchasing.

Dont disagree with everything you've said Biscuit but...have you tried an E62. Yikes. It's s l o o o ooooooowww.

TM