View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #1
yorkie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default "Wireless Reconcile" option disappearing

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have a bunch of users all with 7230's running OS 4.0. I have an exchange 2003 site with one bes running BES 4.0 (no service packs or hotfixes). The desktop PC's were running 3.6 software but I've mostly uninstalled that now, meaning all reconciliation is done wirelessly.

I've been distibuting the handhelds with the following settings found in MESSAGES | OPTIONS | EMAIL RECONCILIATION:

Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
Wireless Reconcile: ON
On Conflicts: Mailbox wins

However, every now and again I get a call from a user saying their messages aren't syncing. when I look at their handheld, the following options are set:

Delete on: handheld
!!no other settings are shown!!

Typically they are also getting an "encyption failure" message popping up every two seconds. This is easily rectified by clicking OPTIONS > SECURITY > REGENERATE ENCRYPTION KEY but the only way I have found to get the wireless reconcile options back is by re-installing the device - a pain in the a$$!

I've tried resending the service books from the BES, which didn't help. choosing to wipe the handheld and activate it again via Enterprise Activation seems hit and miss.

By the way, all the users are set to generate and encyption key automatically - if this is the cause of the problem should I set this to manual?

Will a service pack/hotfix solve this? I ask because this problem has been happening for a while, and even after I totally rebuilt our BES server (due to the hardware going pop!) - although obviously it's using the same SQL database.

Mike.