View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
As a matter of fact all BES users must contact their Administrators before modifying their device.
While I believe your intentions were good, your statement is fundamentally incorrect. While it is always highly recommended to follow company policy, particularly if you want to keep your job, BES admin have the ability to allow or disallow functions from the server side. I am on a BES and I performed the OTA upgrade from .75 to .76 and it did not require me to be reactivated on the BES. My BES admin trusts in my abilities and so I am afforded more latitude with my device than most others within our organization.

You will never find me disagreeing that if the device belongs to the company or you are on a BES, you need to follow policy as it relates to both. But to say that all BES users must contact their admin before making changes to the handheld is a false statement.