View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
riedel

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs down Simultaneous BT Connections?

Please Login to Remove!

I don't see anything in the FAQs or previous threads addressing this issue for the 8300, so I'm wondering what other peoples' experiences have been.

I have a BB Curve (8300). When I try to use my GPS BT receiver and TeleNav, it works fine. When I try to use my Motorola BT headset, it also works fine. However, I cannot get the two to work with the phone simultaneously.

Using them both at the same time produces various symptoms, but the most common one is this: The GPS will work fine, and I can hear everything through the headset. However, no one can hear me, and voice dialing doesn't work (probably also because the phone doesn't "hear" me..). Other times, my headset will work, but the GPS fails to communicate with the 8300.

I know that BT v2 does support simultaneous connections (per its protocol), and I know the 8300 uses BT v2. My previous phone was also BT v2 and this setup worked fine.

Has anyone had any luck getting two BT devices working properly (and at the same time) with their 8300 (or any other recent model, I guess)? If so, what is your setup?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt