Old 05-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #12
stufried
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: E61
Carrier: Eitislat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
You have to check with Cincinnati Bell.
The carriers have roaming agreements with carriers outside of North America.
Wow. $3/month for International Service. What a rip-off.
There is no charge for basic interntional roaming on Cingular. Cingular has to international add-ons which are in the price range you are talking about. The first is a discounted international calling plan. For $3 a month they promise to only rob (as opposed to rape) you on international calls. There is also an Intrnational Traveler Plan for $6 a month which gives you a similar "discount" on voice calls when roaming outside the country.

For $20 over Basic Blackberry Service, you can get international Blackberry service which means you don't pay a per megabyte fee when roaming internationally. I'm not sure if this is available to "Blue customers." If you don't have it, I would reframe from web surfing or opening attachments when in Greece to the extent possible. You can pack alot of e-mails into a single meg of data. It is the other stuff that will kill you.

You should certainly call customer support and request interntional roaming (including data roaming) be activated on your phone. My Cingular blackberry has been to numerous countries and normally works perfectly. Once and a while, it will take several hours for data roaming to get turned on in a giving country (voice is instant).