View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

...and just to confuse things more: when I first got the 8900, the included 3/4 slip case was far too tight, and I still have my old 8300 OEM vertical case. This worked just fine with the 8900 -- activated sleep mode, battery was great, etc. Unfortunately, I bent down to pick something up from the floor, and my 8900 must have been in just the right spot for the base to bend up from my belt and snap the plastic clip off the back...so I had to get a replacement case.

Looked all around, and didn't like the options I saw just yet for the 8900. Was at BestBuy shortly after that, and saw a dozen 8300 OEM leather vertical cases on the rack, and tried them on my 8900. The fit is actually very nice -- not too lose, not too tight, and none of the buttons get pressed in when the 8900 is in the case. Interesting part is that about half of them managed to trigger the sleep function, while the other half did not! So there's apparently some variability in magnet placement in this case: it's apparently in the right vicinity to always put the 8300 to sleep, but only some will work on the 8900.

For about 5 minutes of experimentation, I was rewarded with an 8300 OEM leather case that fits my 8900 perfectly and triggers the sleep function. Works perfectly with the phone, great fit, and nicely made and finished.
Offline   Reply With Quote