View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Easy

I went from a Sony Clie to the BB. The biggest issue is what programs are you willing to give up. TomTom is nice. Now have Google Local but it won't be as robust. What else is a must. When I switched there was no SplashData, but now we have Cryptmagic. Just as good.

What else for you. If you take the plunge or want to more about features, check out my tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericroberts
I have a Treo 650 with Sprint. Absolutely no complaints. I hardly ever get a reset (I think I got a good one). Have many,many apps on it including TomTom navigation. Maybe, and I mean maybe, get 1 reset every other month. Had this one for about 10 months. So all is good.
I had used Blackberry with Nextel some years back and for the most part was happy with it, maybe not as happy as I am with my Treo, but I liked it nonetheless.
So my question is this: Any former Treo users (forget about resets) happy with the 8700 over the Treo?
I just hate to give up so many apps that I have on it that I feel I might be taking a step backwards. I get my e-mail just great with Versamail (not pushed of course) but I get them when I want them.
But, dang it, that 8700 looks so enticing in the store.
So please, let me hear from former Treo users if there are any regrets.
Thanks.
Eric