View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #46
keownk1

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T Mobile

Thanks, Wei.

My main problem was being unable to set-up BIS email accounts, which is fundamental for me as an independent consultant to the medical device industry.

In fact, after upgrading through the traditional downloaded software on my computer, I was not even offered an option to set-up BIS and the usual icon was not among those on screen or hidden offered after the upgrade.

In addition, I was not able to use the GPS and Yahoo! messenger. These functions are important, but not critical, services.

I use the 8800 strictly for business purposes, which includes only email, web brower and GPS. I have established email accounts through an ISP and Yahoo!. They are in good working order on my desktop and laptop computers, and I also use them on an AT&T 8110 under BlackBerry Internet Service.

I am going to switch back to the older 8800, primarily because of its free maps and GPS navigation services and larger display. The 4.5OS looked very good in reviews and most of the best themes seem to require it.

I am concerned, however, by the fact that T-Mobile and AT&T have yet to recognize the 4.5 operating system. Nevertheless, I am willing to experiment with it on the 8800 by downloading through the new upgrade being offered on the BlackBerry web site.

As mentioned, there are numerous guidances on their Technical Solutions page. I suppose it's best to read them all before starting.

Thanks,
Kenneth
Offline   Reply With Quote