View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 AM   #101
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Regarding the key size, shape, and spacing, I believe that will be something that only seeing the device in person will reveal accurately.

One thing that I have learned is that the shape of the keys makes a very big difference. I find (at least for me) that the key shape is more important than size or spacing, not that those two are not important.

I have both the 7130c and 8700c, and find the 8700 keys much harder to type on. So much so, that I cannot wait for the 8800, and I'm hoping that they include keys that are conducive to easy usage. If they do, then it should be much easier to use than the 8700 for some of us.

When I scrutinize the pictures I have collected from various web sites. It appears that they are shaped in a more conventional fashion than the vertically oriented keys on the 8700.

Now take into consideration the keys on the 7130c. Even though the device is smaller and not as wide as the 8700, the keys are rectangular in shape, with a horizontal orientation. They are really easy to use and I can type 3x and fast as I can on the 8700.

I do believe that RIM has focused on the complete device this time, as it's a completely new form factor and appears to have been very well thought out.

I am very excited about this new model, and hope for all of us, and RIM that this is a blockbuster hit.