emmanuel.e

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel India
Default Airtel India BlackBerry GPRS modem settings for use on a laptop

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Everyone,

This is just FYI.

I am on the corporate Rs. 899 per month unlimited plan from Airtel.

On this plan users are entitled to unlimited data transfer - both BlackBerry data as well as other general internet access.

However BlackBerry data transfer and Internet data transfer have to be enabled separately.

What the stupid people at Technical Support (on calling 7070) will tell you is that the BlackBerry does not support being used with a laptop!

So what you have to do is to call up Customer Care at 121 and tell them to enable GPRS on your sim card. I presume all BlackBerry services would have already been enabled.

Once that is done follow the instructions at http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...em-laptop.html
For some reason this thread is not accepting new posts.

The string for use with Airtel India is +cgdcont=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com",0,0

After this just dial and enjoy the network on your computer. Speeds are decent in the range of 60-100 kilobits per second wherever EDGE is available. Its available in most metros.

Note that BlackBerry Pearl has an inbuilt modem. Not sure about other BlackBerrys. Please check your version. And dont believe Technical Support when they say Internet on the computer is not possible via the BlackBerry.

Cheers,
Emmanuel

p.s. I think you can email me through the website. If you cant just post here and I will check it out.
Offline   Reply With Quote