Old 07-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #28
jewberry
No longer Registered.

Model: 1
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Aircraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightguy View Post
Hey All! I too have my Verizon Wireless Blackberry 8830 UNLOCKED! It made me feel as if it took an act of congress literally however, I did get it done. I had to email the CEO down the line to the South region President. The Exec VP of Verizon Wireless replied to my email.

Here is the bottom line. You MUST pay full retail $519.00 or so in order to recieve the unlock code. You MUST also complete a form entitled SIM Unlocked subscriber Agreement.

The told me all day long that a code was not available and even went so far as to say that it was not available because of RIM having technical problems. The truth as I heard directly from the Supervisor who was instructed to walk me through unlocking my phone is they just got the database which has the unlock codes. The reps, coordinators, technical engineers do not have access ONLY the Global Data Support Supervisor has the access as of right now and they have NOT communicated this to any of their employees as they wanted to keep this "hush hush".

Hope this helps! Anything I can do to help just send me a PIN message.
Same problems with Bell Mobility? Anyone know?
Offline   Reply With Quote