View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 AM   #13
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy View Post
i noticed the cingular was gone completely when i went to cingular and had an 3g sim card programed to my number. when i put in the new sim cingular was gone. the one i had in my phone was a couple of years old. i dont know if that had anything to do with cingular switching to at&t. if anyone wants cingular off their phone try it. i had a couple of 3g sims laying around and said what the hell. you want be charged anything if you have your own sim. has anybody with the rogers version notice it takes forever for your unit to shutdown when you turn it off?
Any SIM OTA push updates teh Cingular to AT&T as well as every new activation. Should you by any chance call and they send an OTA update it results in the change. As to shut down, it is no diferent than it was before. I actualy got to compare the rogers withteh cingular version last night and in fact it is on par if not better especialy when changing themes. One thing, I did limit the language choices on mine and right now I have about 28 meg available, I also limited the media storage to 5 megs, removed teh BB demo video. But I also have many apps installed on it and every single one works perfect (with the exception of Opera Mini).