View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Win Extra Spending Dough in BBF's "12 Days of Christmas" Giveaway!

A lot of excellent posts so far! I always love hearing stories like this. It's truly what the season is about.

For me, Christmas isn't the same anymore. On December 10th last year, my younger brother passed away at 25 years old. The funeral was on the 17th, and Christmas was not the same. This year, the pain is still there and there isn't any gift to ease that. My mom has been devastated as she lost her husband a few years prior and now her youngest son. As hard as this has been for me, I can't begin to imagine how hard it's been for her. So, this year for Christmas, I have been giving her a gift that can't be measured in monetary value, I have been giving her the gift of time. I have been driving down there as much as I can to visit her to help get her mind off of this time of year.

To me, this season reminds me to cherish the time you have with your loved ones as tomorrow is never promised. Don't wait until tomorrow to tell them that you love them or how much they mean to you, what's stopping you from doing it today?!

Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]