View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #11
CruisingWriter
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon
Smile Vindicated

I started this thread several weeks ago out of frustration with RIM for not providing voice dialing capability in the 8703e, or 3G high speed data access in the 8800. Several early replies to this thread suggested that I needed some other type of PDA phone, other than a Blackberry. I replied that I really like the Blackberry system, but need voice dialing and 3G for my business as a travel writer!

Now, I feel "vindicated," with the announcement by Verizon that it will be offering the new Blackberry 8830 with BOTH voice dialing and 3G. It looks like someone at RIM agreed with me that these services are a really good idea for a Blackberry.

I still wonder whether the 8830's GPS capability with be available in the Verizon version (my carrier), and whether I can stick with my 8703e Verizon $69.95 per month unlimited data plan (plus an additional $9.95 per month for tethering) with the 8830. The international voice and data plan is not at all important to me! If anyone has any news concerning these two questions, PLEASE continue this thread!

Unless data service is much more expensive for the 8830 that my present 8703e, you can put me down for one of the first 8830's as soon as Verizon makes it available. At last, I can quit carrying around TWO phones, and having to pay for two services. Hallejulah!!!!