View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
j_p36

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cellular South
Default streaming question

Please Login to Remove!

i know the 8130's are capable of streaming video, but i'm having some trouble.
I've tried mobile youtube, tinytube, blueapple.mobi ( i can save and watch the video but can't just open it from the website without saving first), vcast, vtap. and the following happens:
when i click stream/play, the media player opens, it shows the length of the clip in the bottom left, says loading in the top right for about 5 seconds, then it just sits there for a minute showing network activity. then every time it pops up with a message saying an error has occurred attempting to play media.
except when i click open from blueapple then it says buffering... i see a green bar showing how much its loaded, then after a second it says loading..., then after a second it says something about an unsupported format.

I'm using BB browser to try to open these streams, I have every option except allow javascript popups enabled, emulation mode is set to blackberry.

any advice on settings i can check would be appreciated or any recommendations on a 3rd party app that would allow this would be appreciated. (for instance I downloaded berrytunes and streaming the audio works when I use that program)

Edit - My OS is 4.5.0.77

Last edited by j_p36; 10-31-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote