View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:03 AM   #24
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctower
You may get that from this thread, but you won't necessarily get it from me. I went from the 7290 (which had the big old keyboard, track wheel and built like a tank) and I wouldn't dream of going back.

After just a little time with the 8800 I now prefer its keyboard and the Pearl ball is wonderful.

I'm not saying that waiting for the 8300 to compare is a necessarily a bad idea - just that I think the 8800 is getting a bum rap in this thread.

I wasn't interested in waiting because the 8300 looks ugly to me and reminds me too much of my old (uggg!) Treo 600. The 8800 has everything I want (except 3G - but the 8300 won't have that either).

RIM isn't stupid or careless. I'm sure they did a lot of testing in developing the 8800's keyboard. I don't think people are using it long enough to appreciate what I think is a real improvement in the keyboard design. The sliding the fingers approach discussed elsewhere in this thread helps a lot.

Bottom line for me is I love the 8800 and I believe I'll get good use out of it until the new 9000s come out with G3.

I agree 100%, I'm happy with the keyboard and I have big hands so I thought that would be a problm but the slide the fingers approach works very well. I will not be looking for another model anytime soon.