View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #115
Malindi

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Greetings... same issues as all of you. Except that mine started when I switched from GD to hostupon.com and then back. Because with Host, my BB mail was slow, so I thought it was their fault. The idea was to get more/cheaper space at Host than GD... hence the switch. Prior to all this, GD worked fine, instant email on 3 accounts I use. So I switched back to GD, and my mail was still slow... that was 2 weeks ago.

I tried changing POP3 to the imap thingy mentioned earlier, but it refuses and says it's invalid. So no joy there. My accounts need "help" to get set up. Doing the email/password thing only does not work. I have to set it up manually. I switched off SSL etc. but not much more.

I get the standard 15 min delay for most stuff. It seems some of you have had good luck with the remove/delete/battery pull/start over approach. I actually had Rogers (BB supplier) delete my BB account, reset the server and I wiped my BB (took 2 hours...). So I started "from scratch" on the BB side. Still, after many deletes etc., I am no further ahead....

Another nice wrinkle... my girlfriend's email account auto-configures just fine on my BB and she's with GD as well... I'm stumped, we have similar accounts. The first time I set up my BB accounts, I just typed in the email address and password. And that was that.... I've never been able to do that since. GD claims there is nothing wrong on their end... of course.

I have 4 active accounts, just created a new one to test and it does not want to auto-configure (my only way to IMAP?). I'm going to let it sit for a night and see if the domain propagation has something to do with it. My MX records seem fine too....

I'm stumped as to why it would work instantaneously for months and now I can't get it work anymore...

Great thread guys... Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote