View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
NxlKing2304

Model: 7100i

Possible Solution to Your Problem:

I had the same problem, and i have been fighting with this for about two weeks with my 7100i! After a little trial and error, i think i found the solution! I have a Dell Insiprion 9100! It is a little glitch with the DLL files in the blackberry desktop software! Try this out and let me know what happens!

Click 'Start'
Click 'Run'
Type, 'Command' or 'CMD' and hit enter

Navigate To:
C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Resear~1\USBDri~1
When There Type these two commands in this order!!!
bbdevmgr.exe /regserver -- HIT ENTER
regsvr32 bbdevmgrps.dll -- HIT ENTER
NOTE: After you typed that last command it should have brought you back to a windows XP desktop and said something about succedded?!?! If it did, Then go back to your command prompt!

Navigate To:
C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Resear~1\RIMDev~1
When There Type these two commands in this order!!!
rimdevicemanager.exe /regserver -- HIT ENTER
regsvr32 rimdevicemanagerps.dll -- HIT ENTER
NOTE: After you typed that last command it should have brought you back to a windows XP desktop and said something about succedded?!?! If it did, continue! If It did, close out your command prompt!

MAKE SURE YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER IS NOT RUNNING!!!!
AT THIS POINT, GO AND PAIR YOUR PHONE BACK UP, IF IT IS ALREADY PAIRED REMOVE IT AND REPAIR IT! WHEN YOU GET TO THE SCREEN WHERE IT SAYS ABOUT THE PASSKEY, LET YOUR COMPUTER CHOOSE A PASSKEY FOR YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! BEFORE CONTINUEING MAKE SURE YOUR BLACKBERRY SHOWS THE TWO LITTLE ARROWS TO THE RIGHT OF THE BLUETOOTH ICON BY THE SIGNAL!

START YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER, THEN CLICK CONFIGURE BLUETOOTH, DELETE YOUR OLD BLACKBERRY DEVICE, AND ADD THE NEW ONE! AND HIT OK! YOU SHOULD NOW SEE YOUR BLACKBERRY START TO INTERACT WITH YOUR COMPUTER!