View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 03:56 AM   #27
rdrean

Model: 7130E

I have figured out a basic answer to some people's questions...

When they say "server" they mean anyplace on the web that you can store stuff, ie mp3's. So I have a website...I uploaded song.mp3 to my root folder of the site. www.site.com/song.mp3

Then go to the browser on your 7130e and enter url with the "Go to..." function in the menu. This will reguest it then load it and then automatically play it in the audio player. Then hit the scroll and hit "save" it will automatically default to your tunes folder. Done.

All you have to do is get a standard mp3 file. Don't mess with other formats. But the beauty is any mp3 will do. dbpoweramp is a great app for your PC that will convert almost anything to mp3. In case you started with some other file format. Hope this helps some less tech inclined folks!

Ryan
...oh and remember don't steal or misuse copyrighted stuff because that might be against the law etc etc...

I thought of a couple things maybe needed by really knowledge-lite people.

If you don't have a web site...people above referenced free storage places. Search for them and find a free one. In this case your link will be much more difficult to use...because it will be longer with more obscure characters, but the site will give you a direct link. I still recomend copying it directly into your 7130 "go to" function. When you try to actually email it and then click the link it was giving 406 errors for reasons I didn't find to be legitimate.

Also, I have verizon and everything worked perfectly.

Last edited by rdrean; 02-21-2006 at 04:04 AM..