View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Kahlid74

Model: 7290
Default User fails to send from BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

The user can recieve emails perfectly fine, but cannot send from his BlackBerry. The user is a Domain Administrator and the BlackBerry Account is also a Domain Administrator. This is the ONLY thing I could find that set off flags in my head immediately. By default AD has Explicit DENY for send as and recieve as for all domain admin accounts.

The blackberry was working fine until the patch that had Microsoft break that ability outside of full mailbox access. Since that patch nothing done allows the user to send from his BlackBerry. Short of tearing active directory apart per OU level and tracing rights, does anyone have any idea off the topd of their head?

The mailbox is fine, the connection is fine. The error on all forums says that to fix it you need to clear the service books, but that does nothing. If I remove the user from Domain Admins he can send emails again.

I Assume AD has some clause that states a Domain Admin cannot send as a Domain Admin. Either way I'll keep digging but thought I'd post in case anyone else has run across the same problem.