View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:45 AM   #23
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long
Default Re: RIM Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interrupti

I don't think that's the case - assuming you are referring to DriveSafe.ly Pro. If it were, I think RIM would have to disclose that when you download it or in the user agreement.

From the dev's website:
DriveSafe.ly Terms of Service (
Quote:
1b. Pricing: iSpeech may price DriveSafe.ly with monthly or annual subscription and/or one-time fee payment models. iSpeech suggested retail price for DriveSafe.ly Pro is $3.95 monthly or $39.95 annually. iSpeech suggested retail price for DriveSafe.ly Enterprise is $7.99 monthly or $79.90 annually. By signing up for a subscription, you agree to pay a recurring charge every 30 days for monthly subscription or every year for annual subscription until you cancel service. By purchasing a one-time payment option, you will only be charged one time, and your purchase code will be tied to the phone for the life of the phone. Pricing may change at any time without notice and customer is free to cancel at any time. iSpeech may discount this pricing at their sole discretion without notice. iSpeech may also offer discounted “Family Packs” and other quantity-based discounts. All prices are reflected in US dollars. Pricing may vary in different markets and at different times. iSpeech is not responsible for exchange rate fluctuations or fees that may increase or decrease the purchase price.
I think RIM is giving the app under the one time payment option, free in this case. The price on App World was prevously $19.99 I think.

Limited Time Offer refers to the time frame you can get it free - until Dec. 31. That applies to all the apps RIM is giving away.