Support - Caller name is not displayed
Last Updated: 23 February 2006
Article Number: KB-04903
This article applies to the following:
* BlackBerry® wireless device
* BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 and 4.1
You receive a phone call on your BlackBerry device, which is locked. The phone number is displayed, but not the name of the caller. The caller’s name and phone number are stored in the Address Book on your device.
However, if the device is unlocked and the same contact calls your device, both the name and phone number are displayed.
You have Content Protection enabled on the device.
Disable Content Protection.
1. Follow the directions according to which device or device software you are using.
* If you are using a BlackBerry 7100 Series device, from the Home Screen go to Tools > Settings > Security > Content Protection.
* If you are using a BlackBerry Wireless Handheld™ running 4.0 device software, from the Home Screen go to Options > Security > Content Protection.
* If you are using a handheld running 4.1 device software, from the Home Screen go to Options > Security > General Settings > Content Protection.
2. Scroll down to Content Protection, and click the trackwheel. Select Change Option.
3. Select Disabled. Click the trackwheel again and select Save to save your changes.