View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #287
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

Model: 8310
PIN: 2434CB8D
Carrier: AT&T

My understanding is, some report horrible aound, others say it's great. Likely more to do with the current state of your signal I'd venture.

I've actually had two friends buy into the iPhone and have already returned it. Not for a Blackberry, but for a regular phone. What they each said sort of surprised me. They each say it's too complicated. I would guess they are simply not in the market for a smartphone at all.

In many ways I hate it when someone I know buys exactly the same phone I have. They start to expect that I am some how the all-knowning solution to whatever complaints or questions they have. That really bothers me. They ask me questions, and I say, go to a forum and ask for help. Then they ask, what do you do? And I reply, go to forum, and ask for help.

So I stop telling people why I like a particular device. It ends up coming off as a "I'm free support if you buy what I buy", and I certainly don't want that.

I think from now on, I'll just tell people to buy a Mac, and an iPhone. They can ask, why, and I'll reply because I don't use either one.

-Alex

Last edited by Alex Alexzander; 07-27-2007 at 09:38 AM..