View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:45 PM   #19
harryzuluberries
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
PIN: DUPONT FIFTH AVENUE LARGE ORPHEO ROLLERBALL
Carrier: the Titanic
Okalee dokalee neighborinos! my 7100i bugs. first off, i'm on software ver. 4.1.0.136. now that that is out of the way...

1. when i first got my 7100i, i went into the profiles and changed the default "classic phone" ringtone to another of the (*wack) offerings. when the phone rang, it would still ring utilizing the "classic phone" ringtone. i pulled the battery and haven't had the problem since.

1. the next bug is my phone can completely "lose it's network connection" (as far as the graphic in the upper right corner) while in the middle of a call and not drop the call. so i'm on a call and the "nextel" banner is gone and data shows an "x." and along those same lines i've noticed that my 7100i does not hold a connection like my 7520 did. in places where the 7520 would go to no bars but still be connected to the network, my 7100i loses the connection. i've found this phone to lose its connection way more frequently than my 7520 did. the only reason this hasn't become problematic yet is that it usually only happens for seconds and the only reason i notice is because my bt earpiece starts beeping when the connection is dropped.

still like the phone, though the build quality doesn't seem as hearty as my 7520, but i would expect that from a phone that is more consumer oriented, thus more disposable, imo. but i digress..........

*wack= not good; undesirable; also see: not the bomb

7510>7520>7100i>8830>8330>9630
Offline   Reply With Quote