View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 09:01 PM   #33
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foosy
Interesting, how this thread reflects EXACTLY my experience in the last two weeks. I have been trying to confirm if web browsing is included or not and was getting conflicting reports...
I had one CSR from TMO say- your internet plan covers both US and international, no add-on needed (I wish....)
I had a second CSR rep say- you need an add-on plan for $19.99 per month to get unlimited international access to internet, including browsing, chat, email ( not as good as first rep, but livable...)
I had a third CSR rep say that the $19.99 only covers email (really disappointing now... (Thinking maybe I should not call more as with every call, the offer gets worse...)
I called the fourth TMO rep and asked for an "official document" to be emailed to me , so I have written proof. They said OK, but did not send one...
I called a fifth TMO rep today, and complained I did not get the document. Turns out they are not allowed to email.... (really annoyed by now: a communications company that can't send email, where have we gotten to ???)
The fifth rep started checking on this. This was obviously not known to her, she was going back and forth. After one hour on the phone, she confirmed with another person, that if I have the data plan which gives unlimited internet, AND I add the international no roaming for $19.99, then browsing internationally IS INCLUDED. Since she could not send me an email confirmation (sucks), I asked her to note my account. Now we'll have to see what actually happens after I come from my travel....

What we need to do is:
1. Request TMO to allow their reps to email clients (can you believe a business without email capabilities???)
2. Request TMO to have their site updated with ALL the plan details
3. Demand that we get a written contract with all the details of what is included and what is not. We are not requesting to get everything for free, but we want to know IN WRITING, if something is included

Finally we as a community need to record the rep-ids so that we have a documentation of the conflicting information. This, if nothing else, should serve TMO to better train their reps.... unless they are interested in keeping the grounds muddy so that they can change their offerings....
I would suggest posting only the names and badge numbers of the reps who tell us what we want to hear (that browsing IS included)!