View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

Just so you know, these comparisons have been made before, and most of this info you could probably get from a 7100/7290 white paper or by searching... but as far as the two devices go, they are nearly similar in functionality. It's your preference for the form factor though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzs
Currently I am using a palm handheld for most pda functions as well as checking email over a bluetooth phone. The 7290 and 7100 look interesting and I have a few questions to decide which one is right and if I will have all of my current functionality if I move to a blackberry. As far as the main differences between the two being the keyboard and speakerphone I am fine with either as I am used to T9 on my phone for text messages. I've searched through the forums and still have these questions. If some of these functions are not built-in are there applications that will give me these capabilities?

1) Do blackberries have...?
timed profiles
voice dialing
voice commands to access certain functions/apps
voice recorder
GPRS data counter?
call timer
calling card option
auto redial
other languages - non english char set
cell info display?
application categories?

2) Can I use redirector with pop/imap?

3) How fast is the wap browser speed? HTML browser? As fast as using the blackberry as a modem for my laptop or just 14400?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.