View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Stern
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone UK
Default Re: device has used 9.5GB of Blackberry data! Blackberry APN question

Ok so I have the handset now. It's a blackberry Torch. This user also has an iPhone4 which is their main phone for everyday use. The have a Blackberry purely for e-mail and bbm usage. (footballers with too much money eh?)

He has only 1 third party application which is Whatsapp, I can see through appworld that he has previously had pingchat but has uninstalled it again.

Whatsapp was installed back in September according to the application properties.

I managed to find an application called network traffic control. It can monitor incoming and outcoming traffic it also seperates it out between wi-fi and radio usage.

I put my own blackberry enabled sim into the device and left it for a couple of hours. It used a grand total of 20Kb

I very much doubt that the 9.5GB of usage was something that the user was doing on the device. looking at the data it was 24/7, it was generating traffic all through the night while the user was asleep and while they working and the phone was in the changing rooms locked up.

I have been searching google and found a few examples of people having similar problems. They had got a torch and suddenly their usage went through the roof.
Offline   Reply With Quote