Old 08-31-2009, 06:43 AM   #297
SmoothRunnings
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21B694E3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTKF View Post
My battery life on 3G network is less than half when the phone is switched to 2G only (I'm on AT&T in los Angeles) I checked with AT&T and at first they thought it could be degraded towers, but thats not the problem. I just hope that the next OS to be released addresses this situation because I dont always have access in court or out in the filed to a means to recharge every 4-6 hours. So i constantly have to switch to 2G just to preserve battery life.
I have a question for you, what are you using on your BOLD other than email and your phone? Do you use bluetooth or your mediaplayer everyday all day?

I generally don't use my bluetooth nor do I use my mediaplayer that much at all but when I have used one or the other or both I find even since day one the battery doesn't last long. So if you use bluetooth and can get away with using a set of head phones I found the iPhone head phones (stock ones you can buy at any carrier store) work the best compared to the crappy ones which RIM provides.

The other thing is if you have been using your BT and your mediaplayer a lot you could have waren down your battery that you might think about replacing it with a new one and fully charging it (using the wall plug) before using it.

I almost never use the PC anymore to charge my phone, yes I have BES, and just use the quick charger (wall plug) to charge the my device as the PC one takes forever over USB!
Offline   Reply With Quote