View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #62
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs down Move applications back to home screen?

Now that 4.2 has been out for a day, anybody figure out how to move applications from the Applications screen back to the main screen, where they can be accessed quicker? You'd think the developers would make that user-selectable.

I'm glad that folks are finally getting some of these long-awaited system improvements, but I believe it comes with a cost, in terms of overall usability. Pardon the rant, but I just need to vent a bit here:

Despite the desired improvements that come with 4.2, it seems that RIM has taken a few steps backwards with common sense operation of the Blackberry.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but this OS upgrade doesn't seem like a whole lot of progress. Indeed, adding extra steps to the operation of the device just negates the overall functionality and user-friendliness. That's not a RIM hallmark.

I've been using RIM's products since 1999, beginning with my old trusty 850 and 950 devices, so I'm not exactly a newbie with these gizmos. If I were grading things, this upgrade would rate a C+ at the most.

I'm on the verge of reinstalling 4.1. In fairness, I'm holding off until I play with 4.2 a bit more, learn as much as I can about it, see if I can adapt to the sluggishness, and see what others post about their findings, opinions, etc.
Offline   Reply With Quote