View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

Here's a comment I found on engadget from a user who said he has played with one.

There need to be some clarification about how to compare things here:

- Some folks are judging the phone in terms of the size of the screen. I personally dont want to use a huge 4` screen in my hand. You cannot get a conclusion that a phone is bad if the screen size is smaller than the others.
- Some folks say, cpu should be >1Ghz. Why this necessity? If the response times of apps and OS itself is good, then i can say processor power is adequate.

As an experienced (and honestly tired) BB owner I would look for some more important points:
- Reload time of the phone & response time of the applications(especially while multitasking, its been a pain for years).
- Memory usage. I dont want to restart the phone to free up some memory anymore.
- Is the new OS better looking and more modern? I am sick of seeing old OS design for almost 6 years. As far as I see, the design improvements with new OS are definitely not enough to keep the current user numbers.
- Browser. But not as important as you think. Its quite different here guys, when you use your BB for the work most of your time. However, BB should integrate much more modern one in 2010, agree.

Result: Although I am a BB fan for many years, after seeing email-integration (not talking about gmail. companies donot use gmail for business) on Android is getting better in every release; I can easily say I will not buy a new model of BB anymore. Its really not fun anymore(or should i say Android is much more fun?). I believe, if the business-email-integration on Android gets more robust and more secure, hardly noone uses bb.
Offline   Reply With Quote