Old 07-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Brian C
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: BALL WIZARD
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
Seems to me it would make more sense to warm the cover (either with a hairdryer, heat-gun, or CAREFULLY in an oven), then gently bow the cover (corners down, latch up)holding it until it cools, to slightly warp it. Then, when putting the cover back on, the corners should touch first, then pressing the center down to latch it will create a snug fit.

Haven't tried mine, yet... heat-gun is at my place of work, and I'm not brave enough to try the oven.... yet...
Update: Stupid me, I discovered that my heat-gun was NOT at my place of work, but sitting right where it's supposed to be, in my garage.

Soooo.... Tried warming the cover and bending it. It WILL work. Although, wear some cotton gloves (or protect your digits with a cotton cloth) as the latch will get HOT. Hold the piece slightly bowed (push the backside of the cover with your thumbs, while pulling the corners down with the rest of your fingers) and hold until it cools. You can speed this up by holding the cover deep in your freezer until it holds shape. Don't over-do it!! It doesn't take much tweaking. Now, the cover fits tight (with no gaps under the corners) on my Tour.

Offline   Reply With Quote