Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #33
nobody7290
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: t-mobile Germany
Default Re: Wow - what an article

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshute View Post
Hmm, I have a 9900 here that kind of works (got wet, goes flat quickly). Maybe I should try it for a while to see the difference in OS7.

I've been meaning to make a list of pdf files I come across on the web that don't work, so I can quote them in situations like this. I think it has something to do with embedded graphics, because scanned pdfs are generally useless.
If you have some links that I could try out for an example, that would be interesting.
I dont use pdfs much unless I get them in my email on my OS5 9700. This always worked, but as you said, these are most of the time things like invoices - simple, and, textbased.
I once tried out the pdf reader which comes with word to go suite, and, was pretty much disappointed. It tends to display white pages most of the time.
But I have not checked the 3.0 version which now comes with OS7.

Tabbed browsing is not possible with OS5, but as you, I love the colum-mode. It does not make much sense to display a page on the tiny screen of the 9700 or similar Blackberry in page mode, regardlesss of the OS. But, on my 9810 this is ok in landscape mode.

If I really need to open multimedia-rich pages, I use opera. That works quite well, even, with OS5.

Another reaon I will stick to the Blackberry solution is the built in connectivity to my office via the BES MDS - no need for a complicated VPN, everything is just there, regardless where I am.

Last edited by nobody7290; 10-23-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote