View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:39 AM   #8
sheba619
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

It took about 2 weeks from the time I ordered online to get the Storm. In that time, I read a lot of reviews and comments made on the forums. I was starting to think I made a huge mistake, but I thought I would try it out for a week or two and send it back to Verizon if it turned to be as "bad" as most of the reviews and comments stated.

I won't be sending the Storm back because I think it is a great device and an improvement over the Blackberry Curve. Yes, it does not have a physical keyboard but that was no secret. It took a little time to get use to the click screen and scrolling with my finger instead of a trackball, but it gets easier every day. I also think of the 3 new BB's that came out this fall, the Storm offers the best bang for the buck. I was with AT&T and I had been waiting for release of the Bold, but I was put off by the high price and the size of the Bold. I tried a Flip at a T-mo store and I was underwhelmed by its performance and cosmetics (cheap and plastic looking). The Storm is sleek and has some heft to it and it does not feel cheap.

Hopefully BB and Verizon will keep up with firmware updates to clear up remaining bugs and laggy performance issues.