View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #39
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjohn
Has anyone been able to get this to work? I can complete the first step of pairing the device to the computer using the MS Bluetooth software; however, it shows no profiles in the services section. The second part, of getting the BlackBerry Device manager to find the device is where it fails. It cannot find the device. I haven't tried by using the non-MS Bluetooth software since the instructions call for the MS Bluetooth stack specifically.

I also found a bug in the Bluetooth implimentation for the Smart Card Reader that I am testing. I will post more on it in the Bluetooth section.

Getting Blutooth sync to work would be nice.
Alright thanks to the great info in this thread I have been able to connect and sync wirelessly via bluetooth. Works like a charm. I did need to resart my BBdevicemanager software on my computer after I added my BT dongle (D-link DBT-120 USB BT Dongle) to my laptop (Fujitsu P7010 running XPPro Sp2 using the MSBT stack/drivers). Everything is working great. It is important to make the computer a trusted source via your handset, as soon as you do that you will be able to "connect" with the BBDestopmanager software on your computer.

Now the important stuff....anybody have any hacks or drivers to allow for bluetooth wireless data tethering. I used to BT teather my SE P900 for data and it was nice but slow (GPRS) but still handy. EDGE with wireless teathering on tmobile (FREE) would make traveling a dream in hotels, airports etc. Hopefully it is possible at some point, even if it needs a 8700 firmware upgrade. Ideas? I have only done this stuff with Mac OS X. When I pair my 8700 with my mac it is clear the the 8700 firmware/BT does not allow the wireless data service, this needs to be hacked pronto.

Last edited by deezmfnutz; 01-07-2006 at 07:37 PM..