View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #30
lineus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMO

There is NO INNOVATIONS in iPhone - nothing new talking of technology is there. But sales will be HUGE because these guys know how to make people "waiting and shaking".. it is like chemicals in fast food which cause profuse salivation. There is nothing BIG in iPhone like there was nothing BIG in IPod - same functions as many analogs have.

Device is small and there is NO on-screen keyboard able to provide same comfort and typing speed as QWERTY does. Everybody who does lots of typing on BB doesn't even like SureType which has VERY good predicative typing software compared with T9 or analogs.. So my point is that many BB users will play with iPhone for some time and come back to RIM's camp.

I am sure iPhone will do it's job with all main and especially multimedia functions pretty good but again - it is not even close to REVOLUTIONAL device...

And talking about additional software this toy will loose all points.. Palm and PPC devices are leaders there and BB is very far from them... I do not know about other people but for me 3'd party software is BIG deal and strongly affects my choice of smartphone. My BB 8800 is just a "cool phone" and all applications for real mobile life I have in my Palm LifeDrive...