View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #43
darkmark
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: o2
Talking Not everyone with few posts is full of it!

Just come across this thread and loved the way corey made some fabulously blatant value judgements about someone he knows nothing about or their background.

Trust me, there are ways to see RIM devices that are in the pipeline before anyone else without working for RIM or even one of the carriers.

I know you'll probably flame me as I've not had as many posts as you but I have been to the corporate offices, seen the production lines, spoken with the senior management and touched and played with new devices (and software) that most people will only be able to speculate about.

However, I do have an NDA in place and will not talk specifics all I will say is not everything you read and hear is untrue and not everyone who is new (or just doesn't post a lot) is full of it!

For info, if you doubt that I would have the pull get that that level of access (and yes, I sat in with mike lazaridis talking about what they were doing and what I'd like to see them doing), I set and manage the global mobility strategy for one of the largest retailers in the world (and I don't expect the american audience to know who we are because it's not walmart but if you live in europe or asia you'll know that every little helps) and have an estate of 700+ blackberries spread across exchange and domino so have some experience.

I would just say that sometime during Q3 and Q4 I'm going to make my directorship very happy with some new stuff that'll blow away anything they've seen and that should make the world look up and see blackberry in a new and better way.

Nuff said

Mark