View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #68
alphasports
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers (CAN) / A1 (AUT) / Swisscom (SUI) / T-Mobile (USA)
Default Re: Got one? How is it?!

I dunno about all these lukewarm PB reviews..."follow the bad press" mentality? I have had every iPhone and iPad known to man including my current IP4 factory unlocked, and iPad 1 (v2 is not a compelling upgrade), plus almost every BB (currently Torch and Pearl 3G). Got a Playbook last week and I am loving it. I love the form factor and build quality, plus I think the Bridge is a really funky idea that takes away the pain of both the Pearl and Torch keyboards without the worry of "what computer did I write that email on???". Once they get native apps for mail, BBM, notes etc, it'll be an improvement but I will still use Bridge most of the time. The fact is, for me anyway, the PB's unrestricted, un-iTuned useability makes it a winner. I won't be selling the Apple stuff because it has its own advantages, but many of those who say the PB "isn't ready for primetime" seem to have no idea what primetime is to begin with, IMO. Don't listen to other peoples' uninformed whining, make up your own mind FFS!

Last edited by alphasports; 05-10-2011 at 07:10 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote