View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
janetdoyle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Bell
Default Re: APPS!!! Look at OsmAnd open source maps for BB OS 10

Thanks for your reply. I will see if mine is unstable... it looks really great to me, though, I'd like to get other comments by users of the Z10 on this one. The maps appear to be very detailed, really unusually so, I suppose that's why it's slow to download. You can use it offline, which I like, and I think that's why it may be slow downloading, it's loading up a lot of open-source contributed map data. As I said, our community here is very environmentally aware and nature-conscious, here in the largely suburban municipality of Saanich on Vancouver Island, just a bit north of the provincial capital of Victoria, a small city itself. There is an amazing network of paths and trails for walkers and bicyclists and all the names of the shops and buildings/ponds/lakes/tiny and large parks/various other features are on this map of BC, so all these details would be available to me now anywhere in BC. I have not yet tried out the interactive features while online, as I don't want to over-use my carrier's wireless connection. So far mine doesn't seem unstable, apparently the map is updated and improved quite often...

Last edited by janetdoyle; 07-19-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote