adz

Model: 7520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

thanks for the quick response

This is what I did (on my Windows 7 Comp):
1) Uninstalled old Desktop Manager and Device software
2) Restarted
3) Downloaded and installed Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English) from the website (this btw took a CONSIDERABLY longer time than it did before...don't know whether that plays a role in anything)
4) Downloaded and Installed BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.534
5) Used Jl_Loader to wipe the blackberry (which btw took <2 seconds :( + around a 10 second restart...)
6) Deleted Vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
7) Used Application Loader Wizard to update the blackberry (read radio software configuration took around 20 seconds, selected only the default components, erasing applications around 15, loading system software around 10, waiting for device initialization around to (507 screen...), connecting to boot ROM (around 10) )
8) error: Unable to communicate with the radio hardware. Please ensure that a charged battery is installed in the device and try the loading operation again. [P:0x0000000F]

so I went on my xp comp...
Followed exact same procedure...and minus the 20 second reading radio software config it went exactly the same way...

Then (only on the XP Computer):
1) uninstalled BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.534 and Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English)
2) Decided to give it one last shot and installed Desktop Manager 4.5.0 B17 Multilanguage - Without Media Manager
4) Asked me to restart, so I restarted
4) Installed BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.1.0.534
5) Wiped using Jl_Loader (again took < 2 seconds....)
6) Deleted C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml
7) Followed the same exact procedure and before (same exact timing, screens and whatnot showed) aaand fatal error

Well I am completely out of ideas
Offline   Reply With Quote