View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #41
FKI

Model: 7105T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo
Why pay when you can get unlock codes for free from carriers, Tmobile emails code within 24-48 hours, and Cingular at one time, had me on the line for a few minutes and they gave me code over the phone. By being a loyal subscriber, you can always request your carrier to give you the unlock code so you can use a foreign GSM SIM . . . the keywords "need to be able to use foreign SIM for international travel" . . .

But you got to understand that the SIM unlock code only enables you to use foreign SIM to use the phone/SMS features of the device, you will still have to request for a transfer of your BB PIN/IMEI to your carrier of choice in order to get BB functionality.

BTW, when I say foreign SIM, it also refers to US SIMs by carriers not providing the device. (i.e. Cingular is foreign if used on a TMO device, vice-versa, etc. . . .)
Here's a question.. we know the Cingular / TMO both are GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks. If TMO is nice enough to transfer all that stuff over (SIM, PIN, IMEI, etc).. it should be 100% the same as cingular, right?

Or is there some kind of roadblock? I just need the right guy on tech support?

Thanks!